Netflix have blessed us today with a brand new series ‘Thirteen Reasons Why’ that I know is going to cause so much hype! If you’re a fan of the book, as I am, you’re going to want to get this on your watch list, even if you’ve never heard of the book, you’re going to want to watch this as it is such an important story that I think everybody needs to invest in, to become more aware of suicide and mental health.
Here’s a breakdown of the story: Follows teenager Clay Jensen in his quest to uncover the story behind his classmate and crush, Hannah, and her decision to end her life.
I have compiled 13 reasons why you should watch Thirteen Reasons Why and hopefully by the end, I can convince you to start putting your binge watching session in your diaries immediately!
- The series is based on Jay Asher’s #1 New York Times best-seller young adult fiction novel ‘Thirteen Reasons Why’.
- The series is a drama/mystery focusing on Clay Jensen, a boy who receives a mysterious package from Hannah Baker, the girl who committed suicide days before, explaining why and who killed her.
- Selena Gomez is serving as executive producer of the series, who was originally cast as Hannah Baker for the movie before they decided to turn it in to a Netflix series instead.
- 13 Reasons Why is a miniseries, consisting of 13 episodes, meaning we’ll be sure to get Hannah’s story completely from beginning to end.
- There is now a 10th Anniversery Edition of ‘Thirteen Reasons Why’ which means it’s a pretty big deal and you guys need to go get it to explore behind-the-scenes and even read how the ending was supposed to be!
- The cast is young, fresh, brand new and look incredible!
- Thirteen Reasons Why was definitely a page turner, meaning the series can only be a binge watcher! Get your snacks at the ready because you won’t be leaving your room for at least a day!
- 13 Reasons Why will give you more of an insight in to the mind of a suicidal/depressed person and make you realise that there’s always a chain of events that drives somebody to kill themselves, not just one situation.
- It will make you realise how important it is to be careful with what you do and say to people, because you don’t know what they’re really going through, meaning this series is going to be incredibly powerful and will really open peoples eyes.
- The subject matter is incredibly relatable to teenagers and shares issues that all teenagers may experience at one time or another.
- You will be constantly guessing who is part of Hannah’s death and why. It’s a mystery you will become obsessed with solving!
- This series can help many teenagers like Hannah out of a difficult time and know that no matter how hard things are and how much you think people won’t care if you are gone… People do care so much, some or all would be absolutely devastated, so speak up now.
- It’ll change your life for the better and educate you on the life of a suicidal person, which will be incredibly handy for if you ever find yourself in a situation where a family member or friend is feeling this way.
All 13 episodes of ‘Thirteen Reasons Why’ are on Netflix now!
So, have I convinced you? Are you planning a binge watching session as you read this? I don’t know how I’m going to control myself and not watch the series in one day!